Programming[tabl class=”table-condensed” caption=”” width=”100%”]
Workout A, Workout B, Workout C
Volume Day, Assistance Day, Intensity Day
3 sets of 8-12 parallette dips. If you go over 12 reps move to a more difficult progression. See below for instructions on how to progress. Tempo: 31×1, 3-5 sets of 5 close grip push-ups. If you go over 5 reps move to a more difficult progression. Tempo: 31×1, 4 sets 5-8 bench dips at a progression slightly more difficult than day 1. Tempo: 31×1
3 sets of 8-12 standard push-ups at most difficult progression. Tempo: 31×1, 3 sets 8-12 of lying dumbbell triceps extensions Tempo: 31×1, 3 sets 10-20 second static dip holds. See below for progression.
Accumulate 25 band triceps extensions. Tempo: 31×1, ,Accumulate 25 band triceps extensions. Tempo: 31×1
1-10 parallette dips with feet on the ground. Bent or straight leg.
How to progress
Move to Level 2 Ring Dip when you can do 10 weighted parallette dips with legs on a weightlifting bench.
The purpose of this level is to strengthen the structures involved in the dip. This will primarily focus on triceps and chest hypertrophy.
How to progress with the Parallette and/or Bench dip progression. Video’s for each of these are located at the bottom of this lesson.
- Knees bent. Gradually get to the point where your legs are fully extended.
- Straight legs dip with heels on the ground.
- Straight leg dip with heels elevated on 6-9″ surface.
- Straight leg dip with heels on a weight bench
- Straight leg dip with heels on weight bench + weight on thighs. Move up in 5 lb increments.
How to progress with the static dip hold.
The static dip hold is an isometric exercise intended to build the stabilizing structures involved in body support. For each of the following progressions, you should have your elbows extended and your shoulders pulled back so that are not in-caved. The parallettes should be set 1 cubit apart – i.e. the distance from your elbow to the tip of your middle finger.
- Parallettes – feet extended straight with heels on the ground.
- Parallettes – feet extended straight with heels on a bench or box.
- Parallettes – feet extended straight with heals on a bench or box + 10-45 lb.
- Static dip hold on dip bars.
- Static dip hold on rings.
- Static dip hold on rings + weight.