Programming[tabl class=”table-condensed” caption=”” width=”100%”]
Workout A, Workout B, Workout C
Volume Day, Assistance Day, Intensity Day
Parallette dips drop sets with 3 minutes rest in between. Pick a progression where you can do 12-15 reps to failure. Rest 10-15 seconds and do another max set. Rest 10-15 seconds and do your last max set. You are shooting for the following rep ranges: 12-15. 9-12. 5-8. In the following cycle you will either move up on reps or start a more difficult progression, 3 sets of 5-8 close grip push-ups. If you go over 8 reps move to a more difficult progression, 5×5 of self-assisted triceps dip. See below for progression.
2 sets of 8-12 of self-assisted triceps dip. See below for progression. Tempo 3×11., 3-6 sets 5-20 second static dip hold. If you are under 10 seconds – do 6 sets. If you are in the 10-15 seconds range – do 5 sets. If you are in the 15-25 seconds range – do 3 sets. Rest at least 1 minute between attempts,
3 sets of 12-15 standard push-ups at most difficult progression Tempo 31×1., ,
10 parallette dips with your legs on the bench.
How to progress
Move to level 3 Ring Dip when you can do 4-5 static strict dips with arms breaking below parallel.
This is an accumulation of volume phase. Every cycle the goal is to do more dips than the last. You will be sore.
How to progress with self-assisted static dip progression.
The self-assisted dip should be performed on a static dip mount. If your gym does not have one, you can put two GHD’s close together and use the handles.
- Slow (3-4 seconds) and assistance on the way up and down. Gradually use your legs less to make it more difficult.
- Slow (3-4 seconds) and no assistance on the way down. Assistance on the way up.
- Slow (3-4 seconds) and no assistance on the way down with 1-3 second pause at the bottom before using your legs to help you get back up.
- Normal pace down (1-2 seconds) and back up with no assistance.
- Bodyweight dip + weight. Only start adding weight once you can do 5 strict bodyweight dips. Move up in 2.5lb or 5 lb increments.
Suggested scale during WOD’s
Elevated parallette dips or static dips.